Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attorney General Jeff Sessions repeats 'lock her up' chant
(07-24-2018, 07:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What would have been a acceptable response in your book? 

As I said, ideally I had wished for a McCain reaction. Him saying something like Hey guys, listen, you're wrong on that one, we do not lock our political opponents up without due process, nor do we demand such action.

Or he could just have ignored it, which as I said I'd consider less noble and a bit of a coward move, but ok.

By his reaction though, it's an emboldenment for those chanting that spooky line. And it seems to me that's how they would take it, as approval. And that I find wrong, since I find the notion behind the chant so nefarious and I'd also think a head of the Justice department has a responsibility to speak against undermining the very principles of the justice system (like demanding jailtime for a political opponent is).

--- All that said while admitting I'm guilty of an initial overreact. Not a big one though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Attorney General Jeff Sessions repeats 'lock her up' chant - hollodero - 07-24-2018, 07:37 PM