Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin thinks Bengals have the ability to win Super Bowl
“I don’t listen to them when they say we’ll win 11 games, so why would I now?” Lewis says. “Did they say last year the Philadelphia Eagles would win the Super Bowl? I don’t remember it. I don’t remember them saying Jacksonville would win the AFC South, either. You have to go to work, put your head down and get it done. They didn’t have Buffalo going to the playoffs, either. Buffalo jettisoned how many of their guys? ‘Oh, what are they doing?’ They did a great job. That’s what this is. Get ready each week. Rest up. Play the next one.”

“You coach in the National Football League to become world champions and with this team we have the ability to do that.”

“I want to coach and to me the best opportunity for me to have an opportunity to take a team to the world championship is right here right now.”

“We were fortunate that a lot of things broke late this year,” Lewis said. “The way it broke with teams in the playoffs and the way the rules are, guys had to make some calls … They came here because of the players and the organization and I think that speaks volumes.”

“We had areas of need to get addressed in the offseason and I thought the people did a great job addressing those areas I felt were the biggest and that was big,” said Lewis, pointing mainly to the offensive line. “We have to right the ship. If we won the games we had the lead in the fourth quarter, Green Bay, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, we’re having a different conversation. But you have to play.”

“My goal is not to win one play-off game. I never thought in my life about winning one play-off game,” Lewis said. “The only thing that validates is being world champions. That’s what this is about.”

Full Article
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Marvin thinks Bengals have the ability to win Super Bowl - Bengalholic - 07-24-2018, 09:18 PM