Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attorney General Jeff Sessions repeats 'lock her up' chant
(07-24-2018, 10:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: "Silent approval". Is that like implied consent? 

One man's spreading anger is another man's recognition of maturity. He was simply pointing to how the population of needing "cry ins", "crisis dogs", "play doh"  ect... is opposite than the fortitude he sees in these youths and he applauded it. He didn't dwell on "lock her up", bring it up, or even expounded on it. He simply repeated what they were saying and laughed it off (aka he moved on). 

But as I've said those that point to situations such as these with outrage hurt the cause they try to help. It was a big nothing burger and his response was completely acceptable.

It's mature to call for locking up political opponents for executing the duties of their office?

Applauding their ignorance doesn't make his action any better.

He could've used the opportunity to educate people, or call for them to have a higher standard. But that's not the direction of things these days.

(07-25-2018, 09:58 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I could be wrong, but to me lock her up has always implied a trial.  "Try her by a jury of her peers, find her guilty beyone a reasonable doubt and then lock her up" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

It didn't really have anything to do with a trial. Alex Jones was one of the biggest pushers of "Hillary for Jail" in his alt-right push, declaring she was guilty of war crimes. Not that she needed tried for war crimes, but that she was guilty. Trump latched onto that and carried it over into rallies. 

I'm no fan of Clinton, and I've been saying we need to get out of the ME for about as long as we've been there (we never needed a ground occupation there), but there were already hearings. It should have been over anyway, but the alt-right saw the potential to make some cash, so we've got "Hillary For Prison" shirts for $20-$30, and Trump selling pins with the same message for a few dollars each.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Attorney General Jeff Sessions repeats 'lock her up' chant - Benton - 07-25-2018, 11:10 AM