Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attorney General Jeff Sessions repeats 'lock her up' chant
(07-24-2018, 04:44 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, that's a matter of perspective I'd say.
Well, yeah, but I honestly don't see how it's that big of a deal.
(07-24-2018, 04:44 PM)hollodero Wrote: By which you equated the incidents and compared molehills.
No, I didn't. Only pointed out that Sessions wasn't the first in his position to show bias.
(07-24-2018, 04:44 PM)hollodero Wrote: Saying "bigger" was wrong though. It's me argueing Sessions molehill is bigger, not you claiming Holder's are. Please regard my post as amended in that sense.
Fair enough.
(07-24-2018, 04:44 PM)hollodero Wrote: Still, I wouldn't know how Holder got into a debate about Sessions in the first place
The only reason I brought up Holder is because Session's display of bias is not that big of a deal. That many of the same ones "outraged" right now would go far in defending Holder's biases. Basically, I'm pointing out their hypocrisy.
(07-24-2018, 04:44 PM)hollodero Wrote: I yet fail to find something in Holder's conduct that comes close to, jokingly or not, giving the appearance of agreeing personally with demands of imprisonments of political opponents.
That's a gross misrepresenation of the "lock her up" chant. The chant was made during the campaign and it was not about imprisoning Hillary because she was Trump's political opponent. It was to call for her imprisonment because she broke the law. And in this particular instance with Sessions, it was to show support for Trump and Sessions.
(07-24-2018, 04:44 PM)hollodero Wrote: By these words, you are belittling what Sessions did. As if it were normal and everyone would do it. Not everyone is doing it though. 
No, I'm belittling what he did, because it's not that big of a deal.
(07-24-2018, 04:44 PM)hollodero Wrote: E.g. no democrat I know of has publicly demanded Trump be sent to jail.
Right, because no democrat has called for Trump's impeachment or has called Trump's words or actions as treasonous.  Whatever
(07-24-2018, 04:44 PM)hollodero Wrote: Admittedly, I found the "lock her up" chants deeply disturbing and spooky to begin with. No politician should ever jump on that train. Is what I would have thought the bipartisan consensus in these matters, but obviously it is not.
I agree he shouldn't have joined in the chant, but doing so is not that big of a deal. It's not like he was returning a Sieg Heil salute with one of his own.
(07-24-2018, 04:44 PM)hollodero Wrote: Also, I have to say, if situations were reversed (like Holder as DOJ implying a Trump team member should be jailed), I'd completely understand the outrage and wouldn't have thought it hypocrisy. 

Many have called for Trump's team to be jailed. Especially those that were involved in the Russian scandal. Plus I already said that many have called for Trump's impeachment. 
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Attorney General Jeff Sessions repeats 'lock her up' chant - PhilHos - 07-25-2018, 02:01 PM