Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attorney General Jeff Sessions repeats 'lock her up' chant
(07-25-2018, 05:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ...and as I said there will be those that think the only deleted emails were about yoga.

I have no idea what they were about. Yoga? Could be.

Quote:The incompetence of the tech does not excuse the fact that data was deleted after her CPUs were subpoenaed 

By the tech. That's the issue. She ordered the emails deleted before the subpoena. 

Quote:and our proof that she ordered this prior was because she said so and a tech saying "I forgot". The files were deleted after subpoena and Hillary was aware of it.

Was aware or told him to? That's the issue as, legally speaking, they're completely different.

If she told him after the subpoena, that's a crime. If she didn't know they hadn't been deleted, or thought that they had, that's not. If she knew they were still around and the tech was going to delete them, that's a little murkier. 

Quote:You guys can assert folks are chanting "lock her up" simply for doing her job; put folks know that just isn't true. 

Unfortunately, it is. Clinton didn't do anything different than what previous administrations have done. And there were probably some distant calls for locking up Bush or Cheney or whoever, but they never gained any mainstream traction.

Quote:I wonder how I'd do if it were shown that I deleted files from my CPU after subpoena and my defense was I told my wife to delete them earlier, but she forgot. 

Well, that's not what happened so I don't see the relevance.

Maybe you'll believe info from the GOP (who apparently don't mind CNN):
https://www.gop.com/flashback-clintons-conflicting-story-to-the-fbi-american-people-rsr/

Quote: "'In a follow-up FBI interview on May 3, 2016, (name redacted) indicated he believed he had an 'oh s***' moment and sometime between March 25-31, 2015, deleted the Clinton archive mailbox from the PRN server and used BleachBit to delete the exported .PST files he had created on the server system containing Clinton's emails,' the report stated. The mass deletion occurred after the March 2, 2015, Times story and after a March 3, 2015, preservation order from the House Benghazi Committee to retain and produce documents related to her email accounts." (Tal Kopan and Evan Perez, "FBI Releases Hillary Clinton Email Report," CNN , 9/2/16)

Again... the tech took it upon himself to delete the emails after the subpoena. That pretty well gets her off the hook unless somebody produces evidence of a conversation between her and the tech after the subpoena. 

I have no idea of the legality of deleting them before the subpoena, unless they're relevant to the FRA. I would guess that's fairly common, but, as I said earlier, I really have no idea.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Attorney General Jeff Sessions repeats 'lock her up' chant - Benton - 07-25-2018, 06:00 PM