Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
US income inequality continues to grow
(07-25-2018, 05:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if those melinials would come to work and earn their paycheck that number might be different..

but they don't they leave asap.. or just quit.  (I'm sure its not all of them but see it all the time where I work...  )

I'm a Millennial. My adult jobs have lasted 4 years (layoffs) and my current one is at 6. My income isn't much higher than that median shown.

(07-25-2018, 06:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.davemanuel.com/median-household-income.php

Well, it's hard to say with complete certainty but if you look at the census bureau. The household median income for 1977 was around $12,000 and for 2014 it was around $53,000. Now if you adjust for inflation they are much closer. 

Could be that someone is trying to mislead with the meme.  

(07-25-2018, 06:21 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It’s the equivalent of $139,000 according to inflation calculator. Not sure if Ian got confused or is trying to mislead people.

I have no idea if the numbers are accurate; never really claimed they were. The overall point is damaged if the numbers are inaccurate (I say if because the information being thrown around here doesn't show it to be), but the overall point that the current economic situation for Millennials is worse than the previous two generations at our age and it isn't getting any better.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: US income inequality continues to grow - Belsnickel - 07-25-2018, 07:15 PM