Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
US income inequality continues to grow
(07-25-2018, 04:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is absurd.

Tell me exactly what each individual person has to do in order to help the wages of the middle class that have been stagnate for 40 years.  I want details.  

I fall squarely in the middle class at my current salary. If my salary increases, my salary level was factored in when the avg wage was calculated. If my salary is now higher, then the calculation for avg goes up by a fraction of a percentage. If enough individuals are improving their positions, then those calculations go up by larger increments. 

(07-25-2018, 04:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote:
Quote:How a person spends their money has nothing to do with how much they are getting paid.

Really? I would say it directly affects what you can spend. And if you are not making smart decisions with that finite amount, then you are likely accruing debt.

Quote:If workers become more productive and create greater profits for the owner then they should get a share.  If they don't then they are being exploited.

That was my question, what is the number you are satisfied with to not consider it exploitation?

If some child works for .50 an hour but is able to survive by eating garbage from a dumpster that does not mean he is not getting exploited.

I was actually going to compliment you on how well you had been doing in this discussion by not making wild leaps and assumptions....until this. Nobody would consider eating out of a dumpster a comfortable living.

(07-25-2018, 05:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Again this is absurd.  

Do you think that blacks in the Jim Crow south could have fixed their situation without government assistance?

The only people who believe this BS are people who never really had any obstacles in life.

[quote]How are blacks in the Jim Crow south even relevant to this discussion? The circumstances they survived under were much different than today.  And then you top it off by making another inane statement assuming you know what other people face in their lives.

Let me say this fred. It is almost a certainty that your income is more than mine. Again, I am squarely in the middle class. Yet amazingly I am living comfortably. I have very little debt, I don't feel like I am exploited by my employer, and I really could care less what percentage of profits the 1% decide to keep from their businesses.

The moment we tell people what they are allowed to earn, how much they are allowed to keep, or how their wealth should be distributed we are killing all incentive. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: US income inequality continues to grow - Beaker - 07-25-2018, 08:18 PM