Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attorney General Jeff Sessions repeats 'lock her up' chant
(07-25-2018, 07:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Further debate on the matter is fruitless; as I can show you how she broke laws such as as NARA and Section 1924 of Title XVIII .

Then why did the FBI not press charges?
Also, do you honestly believe the chanters know about Section 1924 of Title XVIII. I'd figure they rather follow a rallying cry like with Benghazi. 

(07-25-2018, 02:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, yeah, but I honestly don't see how it's that big of a deal.

Yeah I figured :)
Maybe I'm just over-sensitive to heads of the judiciary prejudging cases and appearing to root for a certain outcome that is devastating for a political opponent.
Paint them as a bunch of thugs, and the trenches get deeper than necessary, people start believing in conspiracies etc... an AG needs to know better.
But maybe these times are simply gone.

(07-25-2018, 02:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No, I didn't. Only pointed out that Sessions wasn't the first in his position to show bias.

That I never doubted. But it's not simply about showing bias, it's about the way in which bias is showed.

(07-25-2018, 02:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Many have called for Trump's team to be jailed. Especially those that were involved in the Russian scandal. Plus I already said that many have called for Trump's impeachment. 

Calls for impeachment are however, a bit different. I am against politicians calling Trump a traitor too and said so. This isn't ok either. Impeachment calls are probably hyperbolic too. Sure. Then again, I'd consider it professional malpractice for democrats to not go after Trump hard politically. And impeachment is a political process, not a legal one.
As soon as say Schumer would say "lock him up" and/or encourage fans who do so, I'd see the analogy. That folks call for his jailtime isn't that relevant when these folks aren't officials or head of the DOJ. Doesn't mean I endorse it, but it's not like this has become a mass chant phenomena.
Plus, I do hold the AG to a higher standard reagrding those things, given he is, well, the attorney general and such. Being held to a higher standard than everyday folk comes with the job.

Also, sorry for skipping some points :) I have a hard time taking a position where I'd defend Hillary. She did bad and to some part she brought all that on herself. The same, even to a way larger extent, I think can be said about Trump.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Attorney General Jeff Sessions repeats 'lock her up' chant - hollodero - 07-26-2018, 07:07 AM