Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attorney General Jeff Sessions repeats 'lock her up' chant
(07-26-2018, 07:07 AM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah I figured :)
Maybe I'm just over-sensitive to heads of the judiciary prejudging cases and appearing to root for a certain outcome that is devastating for a political opponent.
Paint them as a bunch of thugs, and the trenches get deeper than necessary, people start believing in conspiracies etc... an AG needs to know better.
But maybe these times are simply gone.

Like I said, I agree he should not have joined in. Just don't see it as a big deal.

(07-26-2018, 07:07 AM)hollodero Wrote: That I never doubted. But it's not simply about showing bias, it's about the way in which bias is showed.

I get that, but still ...

(07-26-2018, 07:07 AM)hollodero Wrote: Plus, I do hold the AG to a higher standard reagrding those things, given he is, well, the attorney general and such. Being held to a higher standard than everyday folk comes with the job.

Certainly the AG should be held to the higher standard, but I don't see this situation being something that should concern anyone UNLESS Hillary is soon to be indicted. In which case, Sessions should recuse himself because of this situation.

(07-26-2018, 07:07 AM)hollodero Wrote: Also, sorry for skipping some points :) I have a hard time taking a position where I'd defend Hillary. She did bad and to some part she brought all that on herself. The same, even to a way larger extent, I think can be said about Trump.

I don't blame you. I feel the same way whenever I have to defend Trump.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Attorney General Jeff Sessions repeats 'lock her up' chant - PhilHos - 07-26-2018, 02:49 PM