Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White House bans CNN reporter from press conference
So, in general, the rest of the press has sided against the Trump admin for this move.

Except Lou Dobbs.

I wanted to fact check that from 2012:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/lou-dobbs-is-a-modern-day-jekyll-and-hyde

Quote:When Barack Obama was president, Fox Business’ Lou Dobbs was very pro-news media. But now that Donald Trump is president, Dobbs is basically the exact opposite.

It’s like night and day with the cable news host. It’s funny how party affiliation can affect what a person believes about press freedoms.

In 2012, then-Daily Caller reporter Neil Munro interrupted Obama during an address in the Rose Garden, shouting various questions about immigration reform.

Obama scolded Munro on the spot, saying, “The answer to your question sir — the next time I prefer you let me finish my statements before you ask that question — is that this is the right thing to do for the American people.”

Dobbs responded to the incident by siding with Munro.

“Well, the fact is after he made his statement, the president took no questions,” Dobbs said later in an interview with the Willis Report. “I don’t know if you had the opportunity to go on Twitter and listen to the clucking of all of the people going, ‘It’s against the decorum of the White House and it’s rude to the president.’”

He added, “What’s rude is the president not speaking to the American people and taking the questions of the White House press.”

Fast-forward a few years, and Dobbs is singing an entirely different tune. Trump officials barred CNN’s Kaitlan Collins from a Rose Garden press conference this week after she behaved in a manner that the White House characterized as disrespectful and disruptive. The White House was specifically annoyed that she shouted questions repeatedly during a press pool.

Many at Fox News condemned the White House’s decision.

“We stand in strong solidarity with CNN for the right to full access for our journalists as part of a free and unfettered press,” Fox News president Jay Wallace said in a statement.

Fox News’ Bret Baier said on-air, “As a member of the White House press pool, Fox stands firmly with CNN on this issue of access.”

Dobbs, on the other hand, cheered the move.

“I guess my question would be, ‘Who the hell are you?’ The president does insist on respect,” Dobbs said Wednesday.

He added, “That's what the White House has to put up with? Are you kidding me? Anyway, all I have to say about that is it's about time there were consequences for disrespectful behavior in the White House.”

One yelling questions, one interrupting the prepared statement. One pulled aside and banned, one spoken directly to and the question answered anyway.

Yep, Obama was just horrible with the press just like Trump.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: White House bans CNN reporter from press conference - GMDino - 07-27-2018, 09:14 AM