Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
US income inequality continues to grow
(07-27-2018, 09:52 AM)Beaker Wrote: Throughout my life I don't know anyone who hasn't gotten pay raises if they were a decent employee and stayed on the job for a reasonable amount of time.

I worked two jobs, three years each, that never gave raises.  They gave "promotions".  More work...same money.

Yes, I moved on.  But I've been at my current place for 20 years.  The owner gives raises like they have to take one of his fingers every time he does it.  I can think of 4 of the last 10 years.  Two of them were to cover the increased cost of the health insurance.  And he's a good guy...but he's a "bottom line" guy.  They'd rather hire another manager and another salesman and ignore that without the guys on the shop floor they'd have no one to manage and not to sell.

When you can START at Walmart for more than we start a factory worker you can see the problem.  And their lack of handling that problem will bite them in the arse eventually.  The employees are older and they aren't going anywhere because of that.  But you have to replace them sooner or later.  And the ways of 15 years ago aren't going to work then.

See where you can say "good places don't do that"  there just as many bad places that do.  And when you can look at worker productivity versus wage growth over the past few decades you can see there are more people, working harder and making less money.

Climate change isn't about the weather in your backyard on one day.

The economy is not about just the places you or I worked.  I'm using my experience to compare yours.  But in the end its the OVERALL numbers that tell the story.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: US income inequality continues to grow - GMDino - 07-27-2018, 10:19 AM