Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White House bans CNN reporter from press conference
(07-27-2018, 12:39 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Valid points, but I don't see how banning 1 reporter from a news conference strains the freedom of the press. Now, constantly deriding most news agencies as "fake news" and calling them the enemy, tha'ts a different story, but banning 1 reporter from a news conference, I just don't see it.

Again, you're hung up on it only affecting one person. Our rights are individual, not collective. The press is made up of many members, not just agencies as a whole, but each individual person who participates in spreading information.

Now, like I said, I don't know if they legally have to let them into the news conference, but the question should be "do they have to let anyone into a news conference?". Surely the President can pick and chose who gets private interviews, but I don't know if the news conference is considered "open" to the press. If it isn't, limiting who can come in wouldn't be infringement, in my opinion.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: White House bans CNN reporter from press conference - BmorePat87 - 07-27-2018, 01:32 PM