Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
US income inequality continues to grow
(07-27-2018, 04:06 PM)Beaker Wrote: Just what exactly have you proved wrong that I have said? That people can't improve their position via hard work and smart choices with their money? That people cannot live comfortably in the middle class? That income is not supposed to be equal? That we should not be jealous that others may make more money than us? I don't think anything you've posted disputes any of those things.

I have proven that middle and lower class workers are not capable of improving the economy just by getting better jobs.  The economy does not rise and fall based on how lazy or motivated workers are.

Also "Jealousy" has nothing to do with workers demanding a share of the wealth they are creating.

None of the other stuff really has anything to do with the economic principles I am discussing.  It is just rhetoric used by the wealthy when they can't address the actual issues facing the middle class.

(07-27-2018, 04:06 PM)Beaker Wrote: I can however, prove what you are saying is wrong. American workers ARE getting a share of it, and it is not ALL being taken by the people at the top. If what you said were true that would mean zero wealth for anyone else. You are making false exaggerations with those two sentences. In other words, what you are saying is wrong.

Not just myself, but other people here have posted facts showing that when adjusted for inflation middle class wages have not grown since the 1970's while income for the top 10% have grown at an large rate.  All the "new" wealth (not that created by inflation) has gone to the top 10%.  I have also posted facts showing that workers have become more productive.  They are creating more wealth but they are not getting a share.  That is exploitation.

Messages In This Thread
RE: US income inequality continues to grow - fredtoast - 07-27-2018, 04:18 PM