Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here’s how Trump’s tax law is raising health insurance premiums
(07-27-2018, 03:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think the short answer is that without forcing people to buy stuff like health insurance or auto insurance people would not buy it, incur huge bills if/when they needed it, and then just shrug and say "I can't pay for this.  Bye."

Yeah, it sucks, but again, we're supposed to be a land free from tyranny. I don't see how you can claim freedom while forcing citizens to purchase something they may or may not need. If some people are going to be deadbeats, I don't know why those that aren't should be punished. Might as well make ALL men pay child support even if they're not a father.

(07-27-2018, 04:08 PM)treee Wrote: The constitution seems to me to be focused primarily on sovereignty. While important, the aims of it were narrow.

Public healthcare is a simple premise: an insurance pool that projects total costs and charges only that much to its participants. While not expressly sanctioned by the constitution, there is no language that forbids the mechanisms that require it to work, either.

The constitution is all about what laws government is allowed to impose on its citizens with the goal of being free but not anarchic. Forcing citizens to have health insurance goes against what the consitution is all about.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Here’s how Trump’s tax law is raising health insurance premiums - PhilHos - 07-27-2018, 04:44 PM