Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
US income inequality continues to grow
(07-27-2018, 04:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have proven that middle and lower class workers are not capable of improving the economy just by getting better jobs.  The economy does not rise and fall based on how lazy or motivated workers are.

Also "Jealousy" has nothing to do with workers demanding a share of the wealth they are creating.

None of the other stuff really has anything to do with the economic principles I am discussing.  It is just rhetoric used by the wealthy when they can't address the actual issues facing the middle class.

Not just myself, but other people here have posted facts showing that when adjusted for inflation middle class wages have not grown since the 1970's while income for the top 10% have grown at an large rate.  All the "new" wealth (not that created by inflation) has gone to the top 10%.  I have also posted facts showing that workers have become more productive.  They are creating more wealth but they are not getting a share.  That is exploitation.

That’s not exploitation. An unfair or no wage is exploitation. So you can argue that an unfair wage is exploitation, but a share of the wealth created is not part of the equation. How much a company or another person makes is irrelevant. If your $20 an hour is a fair wage when the company is making $1million then it’s still fair when it’s making $20 million assuming your duties haven’t changed. Does it make the employer a dick not to give you more? To me it does, but that doesn’t make it exploitation. It’s different for Marxists but I don’t think anyone here is close to that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: US income inequality continues to grow - michaelsean - 07-27-2018, 08:26 PM