Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to watch for at the Bengals training camp | PFF
(07-27-2018, 02:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't think Westerman is garbage, but that might be because I put too much stock into his college tape and projection. He was projected to be a Rd 2-3 pick and ended up falling to the 5th. I thought he was a great prospect that was "country strong", athletic, and a technician. My reasoning for why I still hold out a lot of hope for Westerman is probably also the same with Billings. Guys I thought were drafted later than they deserved but should be solid starters at minimum. I guess we'll see.

Westerman is entering his 3rd year as a pro, if he's going to make a move toward being a starter, this should be the year.  Though, by now, his body has gotten used to sitting the bench.  It will be an adjustment to get his metabolic energy systems conditioned to playing regularly again.  This could also lead to a drop-off in level of play as the season wears on, or leave him susceptible to injury as well.  If he should win the starting Guard role, Bengals would be wise to have an equally capable backup in waiting.

Now, at face value, what I just wrote in the previous paragraph might sound a bit negative, but it's not intended that way.  When I made the statement about garbage players, I was pretty specific to say "on paper", meaning that they haven't actually proven much in NFL action. I never singled out any particular player, in any attempt to defame them.  Sure, it's the cold, hard truth.  The truth isn't always rosy and sweet. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What to watch for at the Bengals training camp | PFF - SunsetBengal - 07-27-2018, 08:33 PM