Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Continues to Lead After Debate
(09-06-2015, 05:36 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm not in disagreement and I don't think too many conservatives are in favor of outright cutting all benefits. However, there needs to be SOME effort in trying to get the system to where it's only helping those that actually NEED the help.

I'm not in favor of cutting all benefits.  I'm in favor of having a safety net, but I'd also like a system that provided incentive for people to do more for themselves instead of less, and making poverty suck more than it currently does.

Sorry, but when I'm at a grocery store and I'm behind someone in line with 2 grocery carts full of steaks, lobster, pop, and junk food paying with an EBT card, it pisses me off.  You're on the dole.  Sorry bout your luck, but here's a couple of cans of beans, oatmeal, bread, bologna, peanut butter, and bottled water.  All generic stuff, too.  You don't want to eat that way?  Go work 2 jobs and buy it yourself. 

My brother in law is a store manager at Speedway, and he'll tell me constantly about people coming in and buying things with EBT cards and then pulling out cash to buy beer, cigarettes, and lottery.  If people have money for that stuff, they should be feeding themselves and their kids on their own. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Continues to Lead After Debate - jakefromstatefarm - 09-06-2015, 05:44 PM