Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here’s how Trump’s tax law is raising health insurance premiums
(07-30-2018, 11:29 AM)Benton Wrote: It's gotten to that point with our poor spending.

Levying a tax to build a road isn't abusing public trust; going to war and reducing taxes off the notion that it would 'pay for itself' is abuse. Building a library isn't abusing public trust; borrowing money (which will eventually have to be repaid with taxes) to build a giant wall that is not expected to have any significant positive economic effect is an abuse. 

Hell, just in Afghanistan, for what we've spent in the last decade we could've given every man, woman and child $5 million and a plane ticket and told them to go somewhere else. It would've been cheaper than the nearly $3 trillion we've spent. Instead, we spend close to $2 million to blow up a mug hut that costs $0 to build and gets rebuilt as soon as the troops roll out. All to benefit a handful of companies and to increase a fake sense of patriotism.

Oh I get that. And I guess I agree with all you said. I meant my question more in a theoretical sense though. That much gets wasted away sure is true, through political malpractice and corruption. 
My question was rather meant more theoretical, in a more idealistic scenario (where politicians don't waste the money they're entrusted with or do indeed get voted out if they do.) My question would be, are taxes still tyranny in an ideal USA. And in the same sense, is universal healthcare really unconstitutional.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Here’s how Trump’s tax law is raising health insurance premiums - hollodero - 07-30-2018, 03:19 PM