Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
US income inequality continues to grow
(08-01-2018, 04:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I mean workers who have become more productive and are making more money for the business owner.  Is it possible for them to ask for a raise based on something other than jealousy?

I have heard a lot of talk by politicians and middle class workers that think it is important to "help the middle class".  Why is that?  Do you think they should just tell the middle class to shut up and stop being jealous?

You seem to think that the middle class has it so good that they have nothing to complain about.  Why do you think so many people disagree with you?  Are most middle class workers just too greedy?

Wall Street doesn't disagree. Stockholders would rather corporations they are invested into pay as little as possible to employees with fewest benefits as possible so they can get bigger returns on their shares.

Though there are companies like Costco care more for their employees and customers over their stockholders. But they are an exception instead of the norm unfortunately.

In which case what really can be done to basically force other companies to care for their employees more than their stockholders? I am guessing not too much realistically since there is obviously a lot of greed involved.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: US income inequality continues to grow - Millhouse - 08-01-2018, 04:48 PM