Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White House bans CNN reporter from press conference
(08-02-2018, 04:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Like I said, I'm not talking about those pointing out falsehoods Fox News may spout. I'm talking about those who complain that EVERY story Fox News puts out is wrong.  And while, sure, some on the network are clearly propagandizing for Trump (like Hannity), Fox News is more than those people. 

To call Fox News "fake news" because of Hannity is no different than Trump calling CNN 'fake news' because of some of the bullshit stories THEY put out (and, yes, there have been some actual fake news that's come out from CNN).

Quick answer - yes FOX news isn't just Hannity, it is predominantly Hannity-esque though. I mentioned Chris Wallace and Shepard Smith as exceptions. I did watch quite a bit of FOX and couldn't really name a third format, but there might very well be. I know it's not ALL propaganda, but then again, most stuff I'd say certainly is. More neutral fig leafs don't really change that.

Also, I'm again in the position where I don't really want to defend CNN, which has its severe faults. Comparing CNN to FOX, however, still is like comparing a firefly to the sun. Well, say an exceptionally fat firefly. But overall, most stuff CNN tells me is factually correct and does hold up, same goes for MSNBC (I only know those three). That there is also much, in fact way too much opinion and assessment and selective guests (especially on MSNBC) is without doubt. I still see CNN and MSNBC as more sensationalistic than partisan.
But still. I look at it from the outside, with no particular horse in that race to begin with. And from that position (not claiming I'm bias-free) FOX is way, way, way worse than CNN in their spin, their propaganda, their misconceptions, their blatant partisanship - that I say with confidence.

Well, that wasn't so quick after all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: White House bans CNN reporter from press conference - hollodero - 08-02-2018, 05:11 PM