Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White House bans CNN reporter from press conference
(08-02-2018, 05:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You raise an excellent question. I know Nixon attacked the media and tried to point out their liberal biases, but I don't know if he ever called them the enemy or tried to discredit them because of their biases.

Whether it started with the left and Fox News or Nixon and the mainstream media or even before that only reinforces my point that it started before Trump took office.

I don't think that's in any doubt. 
The means Trump chooses are new and unique and a bit horrifying (to me), but that point was already made, so.

To give the reply some meaning, I found Nixon's enemy comments. He made it towards his stuff, not in public.
Link

---
(08-02-2018, 06:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't care why they were biased. They were biased and they shouldn't have been. I don't think any NEWS organization should have a bias other than to report facts. And, yes, that goes for Fox News.

OK, our perspectives are a bit different, but not severely enough to actually argue the point. The bias accusation sure isn't without merit.

I just feel like adding that it's strange that journalists are held to a higher standard than the president. To clarify, when a president or candidate constantly attacks a news organization in the strongest and most condemning terms, I can't really take issue with that organization going into some form of attack mode too. Who "started" it can be questioned, but in a sense Trump started it by being Trump, meaning by telling lie after lie and than taking issue with CNN correcting the record and calling him out on it. But that's just what I'd assume.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: White House bans CNN reporter from press conference - hollodero - 08-02-2018, 06:01 PM