Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White House bans CNN reporter from press conference
(08-02-2018, 06:01 PM)hollodero Wrote: I just feel like adding that it's strange that journalists are held to a higher standard than the president. 

I agree that presidents should be held to high standard, but, IMO, the problem comes from the pervailing mindset of always defending "your" guy and attacking the other side. It's not indicative of either side either. It's standard in American politics that if your guy is accused of or does something bad, you defend him while the smae could happen to the other side and you blast them for all your worth. To be sure, there are a LOT who aren't hypocrites, but unfortunately, they're not the loudest.

(08-02-2018, 06:01 PM)hollodero Wrote: To clarify, when a president or candidate constantly attacks a news organization in the strongest and most condemning terms, I can't really take issue with that organization going into some form of attack mode too. Who "started" it can be questioned, but in a sense Trump started it by being Trump, meaning by telling lie after lie and than taking issue with CNN correcting the record and calling him out on it. But that's just what I'd assume.

I can get that there might be a desire to return fire after being attacked, but unfortunately, that comes with the territory. People don't like getting bad moves and since time began have usually attacked the messenger for delivering bad news. So, no matter how unfair the criticism, I don't think it's a news organizations place to return fire. Instead, continue reporting facts and the truth and let the chips fall where they may.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: White House bans CNN reporter from press conference - PhilHos - 08-02-2018, 06:20 PM