Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White House bans CNN reporter from press conference
(08-02-2018, 06:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I agree that presidents should be held to high standard, but, IMO, the problem comes from the pervailing mindset of always defending "your" guy and attacking the other side. It's not indicative of either side either.

Yes. (At this point I usually claim how the two-party system is the root of the problem, so imagine a 300-line rant here.)

Also, sure not indicative of either side. You would need a referee to decide who's worse these days. As an outsider, I am a logical candidate to fill that role. And I rule that Trump and the GOP/supporters under Trump are way worse :)

(08-02-2018, 06:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I can get that there might be a desire to return fire after being attacked, but unfortunately, that comes with the territory. People don't like getting bad moves and since time began have usually attacked the messenger for delivering bad news. So, no matter how unfair the criticism, I don't think it's a news organizations place to return fire. Instead, continue reporting facts and the truth and let the chips fall where they may.

I find it hard to argue with that. CNN should behave a bit differently (though I have to say that guys like Anderson Cooper, in my eyes, are not in senseless attack mode and seem professional enough to me). I said I don't "take issue", more precise would have been to say I am not surprised by it.

--
(08-02-2018, 06:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Seriously? You've never heard anyone question Fox News validity? You've never heard people call it "Faux News"?

Yeah even I have heard that. Blew a huge hole in my whole "no one but Trump calls the media fake news" stance.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: White House bans CNN reporter from press conference - hollodero - 08-02-2018, 06:30 PM