Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm a homer. Bring me back to reality, because I'm falling for it again!
There's certainly a lot of positives here.   But there are plenty of concerns left.  And the rose colored glasses come off in the first pre-season game.

Here's a little devil's advocate stuff:
  • Price having consistent problems with snaps, and getting blown up.  Granted it's Geno, but you know I don't recall hearing that kind of stuff with Bodine in his first training camp (getting blown up I mean)
  • Lots of lip service by Glenn about Lawson and Geno, but I don't think either has beaten him.  If that's true then they are not doing anything against the only good lineman we have.
  • I've been hearing about a lot of drops from Ross - particularly today, but not just today.
  • Everyone is singing Billings' praises based on 1 play, I've heard nothing about Willis, Hubbard or Johnson - other than Johnson's playing with the ones - which just is disturbing
  • Dre is getting killed by all the receivers, and sounds like Dennard is getting beat like a drum too.  On the other hand none of the receivers are beating WJIII.   I realize it's kind of the glass half full/ empty issue there, but my takeaway is that as good as I believe WJIII is, is he really so good that no one is beating him, or are our receivers overrated?
  • We've had a nice fluff piece on Jefferson.  Other than that it's crickets.  The good news is that Brown and Evans have had some good reports.
  • We have NOTHING for back up QB.  And no word why Woodside is in street clothes.  Is that an injury or punishment for his stupid DUI?
  • No one is really standing out on the right side - especially at the tackle spot.  But there has been no recognition about stand out play by the guard prospects either.
  • Crickets on safety play - particularly our 2nd round pick
  • Phillips sounds flat out terrible - a big disappointment given my expectations before training camp
  • Eifert on the therapy field again - though it sounds scheduled...
I'm not saying that there is not a lot to be encouraged about.   But I don't think it's quite as rosy as everyone in the press has been painting it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm a homer. Bring me back to reality, because I'm falling for it again! - 3wt - 08-02-2018, 06:38 PM