Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm a homer. Bring me back to reality, because I'm falling for it again!
(08-02-2018, 06:22 PM)hollodero Wrote: I'm not quite there yet regarding Jackson. I'm not saying he couldn't be what you see in him, I guess he can, but I think calling him the best young CB is a bit premature.

I also have no high hopes for Eifert. Which could make TE a tough spot, which could result in defensive adjustments, which could make life for DAlton et al. more difficult.

Honestly, that's pretty much everything I can do for you. Everything you say is argued solidly in my eyes. I just can say that I personally still see an 8-8 season, maybe that pretty much unfounded pessimism helps you.

Yes, there are certainly a lot of ifs in my thinking but most of the seem plausible or even probable. But I'm assuming that

-Dalton is the same guy he was those 11 glorious weeks in 2015
- Mixon is the real deal
- Eifert stays somewhat healthy
-The OL gels
- The young receivers play up to there potential
- Lawson takes the next step
--Billings becomes a decent run stopper
- WJ3 is as good full time as he flashed last year

Lots of ifs. But all of those seem very possible. I remember the Bengals absolutely stomping the Eagles in 2016. And the Bengals stunk themselves that year. A year later? This is the NFL, things can happen quick. Nick Foles was the SB winning QB last year. When the media disparages Dalton and say he's why they have no chance, I think about what they would have said about Foles if he was starting somewhere to start the season
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm a homer. Bring me back to reality, because I'm falling for it again! - Brimey - 08-02-2018, 06:43 PM