Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm a homer. Bring me back to reality, because I'm falling for it again!
(08-02-2018, 06:38 PM)3wt Wrote: There's certainly a lot of positives here.   But there are plenty of concerns left.  And the rose colored glasses come off in the first pre-season game.

Here's a little devil's advocate stuff:

• Price having consistent problems with snaps, and getting blown up.  Granted it's Geno, but you know I don't recall hearing that kind of stuff with Bodine in his first training camp (getting blown up I mean)
  • Lots of lip service by Glenn about Lawson and Geno, but I don't think either has beaten him.  If that's true then they are not doing anything about the only good lineman we have.
  • I've been hearing about a lot of drops from Ross - particularly today, but not just today.
  • Everyone is singing Billings' praises based on 1 play, I've heard nothing about Willis, Hubbard or Johnson - other than Johnson's playing with the ones - which just is disturbing
  • Dre is getting killed by all the receivers, and sounds like Dennard is getting beat like a drum too.  On the other hand none of the receivers are beating WJIII.   I realize it's kind of the glass half full/ empty issue there, but my takeaway is that as good as I believe WJIII is, is he really so good that no one is beating him, or are our receivers overrated?
  • We've had a nice fluff piece on Jefferson.  Other than that it's crickets.  The good news is that Brown and Evans have had some good reports.
  • We have NOTHING for back up QB.  And no word why Woodside is in street clothes.  Is that an injury or punishment for his stupid DUI?
  • No one is really standing out on the right side - especially at the tackle spot.  But there has been no recognition about stand out play by the guard prospects either.
  • Crickets on safety play - particularly our 2nd round pick
  • Phillips sounds flat out terrible - a big disappointment given my expectations before training camp
  • Eifert on the therapy field again - though it sounds scheduled...
I'm not saying that there is not a lot to be encouraged about.   But I don't think it's quite as rosy as everyone in the press has been painting it.
You know what?  I've always wondered why the hell the devil even deserves an advocate.

J/K.  I think the OLine thing might have a lot to do with shuffling guys in and out.  Once the lineup is decided, I think the picture will come together.  I believe RG is covered.  A couple promising looking guys over there.  RT, worst case scenario, is the weakest link but not atrociously weak.  Weak enough to have to help but not season wrecking bad.  More likely, imo, a decent starter emerges with Pollack's help.

Not saying the line is solved but it in a waaaay better place than it was. 

And, to recap--**** the devil.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm a homer. Bring me back to reality, because I'm falling for it again! - McC - 08-02-2018, 06:46 PM