Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White House bans CNN reporter from press conference
(08-02-2018, 06:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Seriously? You've never heard anyone question Fox News validity? You've never heard people call it "Faux News"?

Well, yeah. That's a given.

By any media measuring I've seen — from left leaning to right leaning to non-partisan industry groups — Fox News has traditionally led the way in reporting errors. Intentional or otherwise, it doesn't really matter. When you're consistently ranked as 60-80% false, you earn that nickname.

That's not a partisan issue, that's an inept or intentionally misleading newsroom. I don't know which, and it doesn't really  matter.

And that's still not the same thing as what the right is doing with media in general. 

Quote:https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/01/11/obamas-white-house-2009-dont-pretend-fox-news-is-a-legitimate-news-organization/

The link didn't like my browser and kept crashing.

I've criticized Obama's openness with the media in the past (and I believe this thread). Whatever you linked and whatever I've criticized him on before is not the same as calling the press the enemy of the people.

If I criticize your haircut, it's not the same as saying the people who part on the right are out to get you.
If I criticize your job, it's not the same as saying everyone who works there is an enemy of freedom.

As for the comment, you left out the back and forth between the two that had gone on for months. Like where Wallace called the administration the biggest bunch of crybabies after they opted not to invite Fox during a series of talk shows after Fox called Obama a neoNazi racist after... it goes on and on. Fox itself relished the "opponent" comment and used it as a marketing tool in selling advertising.

And, guess what... a spokesperson getting in a dig is still not the same as a sitting POTUS repeatedly calling them an enemy of the people. 

Quote:Yes, me saying Trump has been far worse than anyone before him is me saying "the left is just as bad". Rolleyes

I don't recall you saying that. I do recall you saying:
Quote:I didn't say Obama had constant attacks on Fox News. I said the left did. I just said the left included Obama.

...which in no way is you saying "Trump has been far worse than anyone before him is me saying."

I'm pretty sure the you didn't even mention Trump there in all the Obama & the left comments.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: White House bans CNN reporter from press conference - Benton - 08-02-2018, 07:07 PM