Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
US income inequality continues to grow
(08-02-2018, 06:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then why so much talk about "helping middle class workers".  Things are getting worse for the middle class instead of better.

How bad does it have to get before you admit there is any kind of problem?

They are.  In my case, I am making more money per year than either of my baby boomer parents ever did in their entire career.  In fact, I started out making more. I'm actually in management.  My wife and I both work full time, she works nights, I work days, so we don't have to pay for daycare.  I didn't buy a house until I was 33 years old.  We drive old vehicles, and I do most all of the maintenance and repairs myself to save money.  I do most of the same around the house as well.....I've even rented lifts to top trees, even taking out a huge maple that was getting dangerous myself.  We do everything we can to save money.  We don't struggle, per se, but we don't have much room for error.  That being said, we can't afford vacations that we took as a family when I was a kid.  We DO go to a race every year, but as a kid, we went to races, ballgames, the fairs, amusement parks, and still managed a vacation for a week or so about every year.  That's not the case for us.  We've taken exactly one since the kids came on the scene.

Now, obviously, this isn't something to complain about, it is what it is, but it just goes to show that wages have not kept up with the inflation as has been noted here a few times.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: US income inequality continues to grow - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-03-2018, 11:01 AM