Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everyone remember how this off seasn started?
(08-03-2018, 01:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've noticed all the positivity on the boards, and really I'm surprised. Not because I disagree with the reasons given, but because Marvin is still there. It makes me wonder if people have forgotten how important the HC position is, or if they're numb to Marvin, or if they just think all the changes will be enough to overcome Marv and his propensity to fail when the lights are brightest.

I just watched a video of Marvin talking to the team last year, and his pep talk to the players was downright gentle and he ended it by telling them to "go have fun". How can we expect fiery leadership from our players when our Head Coach lacks that fire himself? The positive side to this is that players love a player's coach and it's good for cohesion, but I don't want soft leaders when the games get tough (playoffs).

Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of things about this off-season, but Marv still being here is a giant wet blanket on my enthusiasm. The changes (particularly swapping Pollack for PA) were just enough to keep me around, but I'm not going to start talking championship...or even a playoff win.

100% agree

All the positive stuff that's happened this offseason is great, fantastic, and been badly needed. And I don't doubt we'll be a better team this season because of it.

But when the fat lady starts singing at the end of the season and the playoffs are ahead we still have Marvin holding the mike. And nothing, not a thing, about this offseason leads me to believe this years post season Marvin (if we get there) will be any different from years past.

Hope I'm wrong
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Everyone remember how this off seasn started? - bengalfan74 - 08-03-2018, 01:50 PM