Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm a homer. Bring me back to reality, because I'm falling for it again!
(08-03-2018, 01:52 PM)3wt Wrote: Didn't see the game unfortunately.  I think we can expect that refs are going to be calling this left and right to start the season.  Hopefully they get more conservative as the season goes on.

Sure hope so, saw about 5 or 6 of these lowering the helmet calls and i didn't watch the entire game.

Collinsworth was his normal abnoxious self saying, "you just can't do that anymore."

Dungy was much better and was saying "well who do you call it on? The offense or defense anymore?"

This rule already just cost the Bears a Preseason game. Don't like it.

(08-03-2018, 02:07 PM)sandwedge Wrote: From the ex-ref that was in the booth last night, "They are instructed to throw the flag on anything that is close to the helmet rule during the preseason and will gather all the info before week #1 and hash things out to clear things up for the refs."  

They better get it cleared up, on the play on Orr he led with the shoulder even from what i saw.

Just a good hard hit that jarred out the ball.

Iloka will lose us games with this rule even if he leads with the shoulder from what i am seeing.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm a homer. Bring me back to reality, because I'm falling for it again! - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-03-2018, 02:30 PM