Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White House bans CNN reporter from press conference
(08-02-2018, 07:07 PM)Benton Wrote: Well, yeah. That's a given.

By any media measuring I've seen — from left leaning to right leaning to non-partisan industry groups — Fox News has traditionally led the way in reporting errors. Intentional or otherwise, it doesn't really matter. When you're consistently ranked as 60-80% false, you earn that nickname.

That's not a partisan issue, that's an inept or intentionally misleading newsroom. I don't know which, and it doesn't really  matter.

And that's still not the same thing as what the right is doing with media in general. 
It IS the same thing and trying to make it a 'fact' that Fox News if "fake news" is exactly what Trump is doing. Heck, I could use the same rationale you've just given for Fox News but for CNN and you'd HAVE to agree with me that CNN deserves its "fake news" moniker. You're using the SAME rationale Trump is for calling Fox News fake news. Yet, for some reason, it's wrong when Trump does it to CNN but it's okay for you and others to do so to Fox News.
(08-02-2018, 07:07 PM)Benton Wrote: The link didn't like my browser and kept crashing.

I've criticized Obama's openness with the media in the past (and I believe this thread). Whatever you linked and whatever I've criticized him on before is not the same as calling the press the enemy of the people.

If I criticize your haircut, it's not the same as saying the people who part on the right are out to get you.
If I criticize your job, it's not the same as saying everyone who works there is an enemy of freedom.

As for the comment, you left out the back and forth between the two that had gone on for months. Like where Wallace called the administration the biggest bunch of crybabies after they opted not to invite Fox during a series of talk shows after Fox called Obama a neoNazi racist after... it goes on and on. Fox itself relished the "opponent" comment and used it as a marketing tool in selling advertising.

And, guess what... a spokesperson getting in a dig is still not the same as a sitting POTUS repeatedly calling them an enemy of the people. 

Fox News didn't call anyone anything. Some people at Fox News, sure. But that's besides the point. Your analogies fail. We're not talking about people criticizng Fox News when they falsely report a story or a commentator spews nonsense. We're talking about people claiming Fox News is not real news because of those instances. It's analogous to someone going ot Applebee's and getting treated poorly and then claiming all Applebee's have bad servers and the food is crap etc.
To be sure, there have been many legitimate critiques of news stories, personalities, etc of Fox News, but I'm not talking about those.  I am talking about the far too many who have routinely an dsystematically dismissed any and every Fox News story as illegitimate. Basically, they treated Fox News as Trump treats every other news organizatoin other than Fox News (though, Trump takes it up a thousand degrees).
(08-02-2018, 07:07 PM)Benton Wrote: I don't recall you saying that. I do recall you saying:

...which in no way is you saying "Trump has been far worse than anyone before him is me saying."

I'm pretty sure the you didn't even mention Trump there in all the Obama & the left comments.

Must've missed this, then. 
(08-02-2018, 05:22 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Sure, the left wasn't as bad, but they still tried to discredit Fox News as a news organization.

Or this:
(08-02-2018, 04:53 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm not blaming Obama. I blamed the "left" which includes Obama. And, sure, Trump is far worse in his treatment of the press than what the left has done to Fox News, but the fact that you're denying they did anything even remotely similar to what Trump has done is, frankly, kind of surprising. 

Or this:
(08-02-2018, 04:05 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Of course Trump is way worse than Obama was or any leftist has been.

What's interesting is that 2 of those responses were direct responses to YOU. 
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: White House bans CNN reporter from press conference - PhilHos - 08-03-2018, 05:19 PM