Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White House bans CNN reporter from press conference
(08-03-2018, 05:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It IS the same thing and trying to make it a 'fact' that Fox News if "fake news" is exactly what Trump is doing. Heck, I could use the same rationale you've just given for Fox News but for CNN and you'd HAVE to agree with me that CNN deserves its "fake news" moniker. You're using the SAME rationale Trump is for calling Fox News fake news. Yet, for some reason, it's wrong when Trump does it to CNN but it's okay for you and others to do so to Fox News.

Fox News didn't call anyone anything. Some people at Fox News, sure. But that's besides the point. Your analogies fail. We're not talking about people criticizng Fox News when they falsely report a story or a commentator spews nonsense. We're talking about people claiming Fox News is not real news because of those instances. It's analogous to someone going ot Applebee's and getting treated poorly and then claiming all Applebee's have bad servers and the food is crap etc.
To be sure, there have been many legitimate critiques of news stories, personalities, etc of Fox News, but I'm not talking about those.  I am talking about the far too many who have routinely an dsystematically dismissed any and every Fox News story as illegitimate. Basically, they treated Fox News as Trump treats every other news organizatoin other than Fox News (though, Trump takes it up a thousand degrees).

Must've missed this, then. 

Or this:

Or this:

What's interesting is that 2 of those responses were direct responses to YOU. 

If Trump is really against "fake news" and not all media...why doesn't he say anything about the fake news on FOX?

He seems to call anything that is critical of him "fake news".  Any story that didn't think his Helinski trip was very successful, any story that points out his job growth in 2017 was less than 3 or 4 ears of the Obama presidency, any story that hurts his ego is "fake".

But FOX can say/do anything without much blowback....unless a talking head criticizes him.

If having one or two stories turn out to be false is the criteria for labeling ALL of CNN or MSNBC or whoever "fake" then you're right that FOX falls into the same category...minus the vitriol from the POTUS.

And above and beyond all that FOX news doesn't just get their reputation for being biased/fake out of thin air.  As I said earlier in the thread it's their blurring the line between the little bit of news they do and the whole lot of opinion they do.  (To show how old I am I'll mention that Paul Harvey did the exact same thing for years on the radio.)

They insist they are telling you the "truth". But when an entertainment show/opinion host gets caught in a lie/spin they insist it was just their opinion....they aren't "news".

Whether their actual news segments have a conservative slant I can't attest to personally as I haven't watched much of any of these stations in years.  But back in the day if there was a "liberal scandal" it was breaking news.  If there was a "conservative scandal" it was give a few seconds after a story about how bikinis are making a come back.  Smirk

And when the POTUS tweets the stories on FOX opinion shows as "proof" or "news" it just blurs the lines further.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: White House bans CNN reporter from press conference - GMDino - 08-03-2018, 05:51 PM