Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The truth about our O-line situation.
(08-06-2018, 12:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: All truth. I think people (myself included) have been so excited about Pollack, Glenn and Price that we've been willing to overlook that the line was really only half addressed. I haven't wanted to rain on anyone's parade, but I've been having a sneaking feeling we're in for a disappointing season. The snap issues could wind up amounting to nothing, but I've finally allowed myself to ponder the possibility of Price being a bust. It could happen...and if this line is going to be much better, we desperately need Price to be a hit.

I think the left side of our line will look great with Glenn/Boling - barring injury, but the right side is worse on paper without Andre 3000 lbs around. I'd keep an eye out for veteran cuts or possible trades. That said, when you're relying on THAT for an upgrade, you're probably in sorry shape.

IF Glenn, Boling and Price can seal up Dalton's left side and middle, that should definitely point the arrow upward.

Instead of getting pressured from all sides, Dalton would be able to TRUST that his left side and middle will be protected in most cases. This would allow him to focus more on recognizing right side pressures.

Frank Pollack was able to rely on Ezekiel Elliott's pass blocking abilities in Dallas and may influence the use of our running backs to help block and chip to help out the right side of our O-line.

All of this should add some extra half seconds on plays for Dalton this season hopefully leading to more success.

Jake Fisher & company stepping up on the right side and we are in business.

We still improve with a solid left side and middle but mediocrity on the right side may put a ceiling of ultimate disappointment on this season.

If that happens, I will want a Glenn/Price styled 2019 Draft/Trade off season to fix the right side of the O-line to match the talent level on the left side. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The truth about our O-line situation. - depthchart - 08-06-2018, 01:08 PM