Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to break out that no one is talking about?
(08-08-2018, 07:39 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think the writing is on the wall regarding Willis.  Sorry to say, but I think he really needs to bring it or he will be like Hunt and under used and forgotten.  

What is this based on?

Here's a quote from Kat Terrell back in May...
Quote:Lawson and Willis, now second-year players, will factor heavily into the Bengals' plans this year.

Toward the end of the meeting, one coach comments that Willis should've gotten on the field more in 2017. Austin later notes he feels the same way about Lawson, who had 8.5 sacks despite taking less than half the defensive snaps.
http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/30001/eight-hours-inside-rookie-camp-with-new-defensive-coordinator-teryl-austin

Sure, there may not have been a ton of buzz around Willis this TC, but that doesn't mean he's getting left behind...unless you have some quote since TC started that explicitly states that.

It is for this reason actually that I think Willis is the definition of someone who could break out but no one is talking about.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is going to break out that no one is talking about? - ochocincos - 08-08-2018, 04:26 PM