Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
whats the difference b/t the two...???
We don't know for certain that Price will be anything other than just another center. Some of you are likely going by the Bengal hype machine otherwise known as Geoff Hobson who isn't the worst writer in the world, but isn't the best either .
The real test will be in real games against real football teams and we really won't know a whole lot until he's played a few solid seasons instead of a handful of preseason games against other teams scrubs. 
I like the kid and think he'll be pretty darn good,  but in no way am I ready to annoint him as the smartest, bestest center the Bengals have ever had yet. Those things have to be proven on the field against the best defensive players in the league. No player becomes the greatest player just because the guy before him wasn't up to the task.. it may even take a season or so before Price can rank up in the top 32 active centers in the game. As of today he's essentially an unknown commodity which is neither good nor bad, just unknown   
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: whats the difference b/t the two...??? - grampahol - 08-08-2018, 08:47 PM