Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So....what is everyone looking for tomorrow night?
(08-08-2018, 03:34 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Line play, although, even if they do block well, it won't cure my anxiety about the line this year but will just give me a little more faith because the Bears won't be throwing too much at us that's outside of base defense.

I'd also like to see Sam Hubbard get some pressure and to see if Ka'Raun White really has as much potential as he flashed at training camp.

I'm glad you brought up White, but it opens up a real sore spot with me. Guys like White, Devonte Boyd, and Kermit Whitfield (any UDFA) Wrs always end up in the game with our 2nd and 3rd teams, including our 2d and 3rd string QBs. This year in particular, those backup QBs, to quote Charles Barkley, are "turrible." I guess the film will reveal how much separation they can get going against other 2nd and 3rd string players, but if your QB isn't good, it negatively impacts your ability to make a play that garners you attention. It's harder to stand out. 

I hope White does well, though we're pretty loaded at WR. About the only guy I can see him replacing on the roster might be Cody Core, but I'm not sure. Chances are, White, D Boyd, and Whitfield are just trying to make the PS. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So....what is everyone looking for tomorrow night? - BURROWorBUST - 08-09-2018, 03:44 AM