Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So....what is everyone looking for tomorrow night?
(08-08-2018, 03:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm sure those that know me, KNOW I will be watching the big boys up front intently....as a lot of folks likely will.  Just curious what the board is going to be watching for against the Bears.  

In particular, I'll be watching Price, and looking to see how much the blindside has improved with Glenn out there.  Of course, everyone will be looking at that right side.....as will I.....but I'm more intrigued with the potential improvements at C and LT.

Thoughts?
I know every year the answer on pregame is no injuries.  I am looking for more than no injuries. I'm going to be watching the blocking as much as TV camera lets me. The players union allows so few workouts anymore, that I don't expect miracles with them not in camp very long.  I do hope the blocking looks good in preseason game 3.  Really it doesn't count until regular season 30 some days away. 

The new O Line coach from Dallas finally gets to see Bengals O Line in action. My guess is he will not be pleased since the Bengals blocking has stunk last few years.  My guess is he will see many mistakes to get on them about.  Hopefully he can have them blocking close to what he had in Dallas in 2016 most of season. That's a huge hope, but that's my hope.  

The Offensive and Defensive Coordinators also have their first ever preseason game with Bengals. Some on here thought it was no big deal Lazor came on after regular season game 2 with no training camp or preseason of his playbook.  It actually was a big deal. He couldn't just throw a whole new playbook at them in mid season.  He did however speed plays up. Routes were making sense. He took over after worst offense start since 1930's. He got 7 wins out of the same bums who couldn't score a point before he got here. I'm looking for a better offense thanks to Lazor and the O Line coach from Dallas. I'm looking for Super Bowl Defense from 3 time Super Bowl coach Austin who excels in great secondary like Hall of Fame Dick LeBeau.  

I don't expect miracles in preseason game one.  In fact it might be great if they get a lot of mistakes on film for coaches to drill out of them over the next 30 days before regular season. I look for a sloppy game due to players union cut backs in practice time.  

With McCarron gone, back-up QB is wide open and Dalton will play very little in this one. We will get a long look at the back-ups tonight. I really think McCarron won't be missed because he really never did that much here. Some think he will really be missed, and I don't see how you miss a bench warmer. Anyway, I think these back-ups tonight will show in preseason they are as good as Big Mac.

GO BENGALS. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So....what is everyone looking for tomorrow night? - kevin - 08-09-2018, 06:52 AM