Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I know I said I had quit, but....
(08-08-2018, 09:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You're a grown man, you know what's good for you.  You don't need group support, or pressure to keep your mind on what's important to you.  

I'll be the first to admit that I just love a drink.  However, I also enjoy working my job, loving my wife, and all of the other things that go with life.  Therefore, I set limitations on myself.  Most days, that is...

Here here Sunset.. It took me years to come to terms with the notion of personal responsibility and not having to get completely soused every time I opened a bottle. Ahh, the good old days of being able to shrug off a hangover to get a days work done.. Now I can actually take a drink and put the stopper back in the bottle for another day. It only took me 40 years to figure that out..lol
I'm still quite amazed that I still have over 3/4 of that bottle of Scotch left. Back in the bad old days that would have never happened. Back then it was taken as an article of faith that i had to kill the entire bottle and then go temp fate to drive back to the liquor store before they closed. Now ? Just enough to feel it and go to bed before the clock strikes midnight   .. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I know I said I had quit, but.... - grampahol - 08-09-2018, 09:48 AM