Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I come in peace (for the most part).....
(08-09-2018, 01:40 PM)jj22 Wrote: Ok ok. I know I've been pretty hard on Trump and people probably don't believe me anymore when I say I am an independent (I am I just can't help not liking the guy).

But not trying to start any trouble, or "another anti Trump thread".

I do want to however give my opinion on this, and the overall phenomenum of turning people away from joining our military for reasons (political) other than health...

https://apnews.com/193bead238ef407a882756be5fd74fbe/For-now,-Army-suspends-discharges-of-immigrant-recruits?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

Why do we keep trying to stop those (gays, immigrants) from serving in our Military. Many people aren't willing to risk their lives to serve in the military, and I feel like this administration or Republicans in general, spend a lot of time dictating who can serve this country based off of sexual orientation, and now immigrants.

I personally don't understand it and am curious to see who agrees with this and why?

Why tell a health person they can't risk their life for their country or at least to show they are committed to this country as these immigrants were trying to do?

As to immigrants:

To be fair it was a Republican (Bush JR) who opened the flood gates for immigrant expedited citizenship connected with Military Service. So we can stop with the Republicans "don't want" spin.

He/we just didn't see how slippery the slope was and  folks are trying to fix what they view is broken: It is not partisan.

As to Gays:
They can be in the Army

As to transgender:
(IMO) Should not be able to transform while in the Military. But this is a relatively new dynamic.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: I come in peace (for the most part)..... - bfine32 - 08-09-2018, 03:44 PM