Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I come in peace (for the most part).....
(08-09-2018, 06:15 PM)jj22 Wrote: I brought up don't ask don't tell first and it was a compromise for the pressure from Republicans who were and still are against gays in the military. But ignore that if you want. However, they brought nothing new to the convo.

Sorry that bringing FACTS into this discussion bothers you.

You claimed it was only an issue when "Republicans were running the country". Bill Clinton tried to compromise with the 'don't ask don't tell' which didn't do anything but exacerbate the problem as conservatives were still upset at gays not being kicked out and gays were upset that they still had to hide their gayness. But, he was still a Democrat running the country when this was an issue.

(08-09-2018, 06:15 PM)jj22 Wrote: I must have missed where they discussed Trump Administration policy on the matter. If they agreed or not.... All I read was it was the fault of Bush and Clinton, Democrats (anyone but Trump). Maybe you read differently.

You need to brush up on your reading comprehension skills, man. I never blamed anyone. I only pointed out that people being turned away from the military for non-health related reasons was an issue when a Democrat (Bill Clinton) was running the country.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: I come in peace (for the most part)..... - PhilHos - 08-09-2018, 06:32 PM