Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uh yeah Tate can go on the practice squad (sarcasm)
(08-10-2018, 01:38 AM)grampahol Wrote: I like Tate, but I want to see more of him in games when it really counts against top defenders before declaring him the next greatest 7th rounder of all time. Keep in mind that the plays he made weren't exactly going against the greatest defensive secondary in the league. They were Chicagos last line of defense in a preseason game.  Let's temper the excitement a tad till he gets moved up to play earlier against better defenders. In no way am I suggesting it, but plenty of receivers who look great late in preseason games come out utterly flat once they have to play against the #1s of a good defense.  

Sorry, there is no excitement to be tempered.   His catches were not busted coverage, wide open from a rookie CB, laid in his lap throws,  they were all high degree of difficulty, contested catches.  That takes concentration, focus, and high degree of hand eye coordination and he did it against live competition.  Doesn't matter who is in coverage, he proved last night that if he just gets his hands on the ball, he's gonna catch it.  If it had been a single catch I would be in agreement with you, but he did it not once or twice, but 3 times.   What that means is he is open all the time even when he is covered.   There is plenty to be excited about, he had a chance to prove his practice advertisements about his catch radius and he passed his test.  As Nicomo said, "A good catch is a good catch".
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Uh yeah Tate can go on the practice squad (sarcasm) - dr tarzan - 08-10-2018, 10:29 AM