Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nunes secretly recorded at fundraiser: We have to protect Trump from Mueller
(08-10-2018, 06:21 PM)PhilHos Wrote: When Nunes said, "if ... Mueller won’t clear the president," I don't think Nunes is going to think that Trump did anything wrong hence, I see his words being something like, "if Mueller doesn't clear the president then it's our job to do so" with the assumption that Trump didn't do anything wrong.

I see. As I said, I read it differently. I like to challenge your interpretation with the question: Why would Nunes assume that Trump is innocent - even if Mueller doesn't say so, wouldn't say so, would not clear him? How could he possibly be so certain in any case?

Isn't it the far more obvious explanation that he says we have to protect him, even if Trump did something wrong? (I don't ask as someone anti-someone, just from a strictly logical standpoint, as far as I can have one... which sure is questionable :) )

Still. Reminder, we're talking Devin Nunes, the guy that pretty much blocked the house intelligence committee, released a #memo which was a total dud and obviously just aimed at people who do not read in-depth and just believe something's a bombshell because the Trump/FOX network claims it is - and who held a press conference, hasty by design, to tell the world he has to run to the white house because he found some scandalous unmasking in files he found at the white house. In other words, Nunes, the hyper-partisan who would slander the FBI (and FISA judges etc.) in advance to clear Trump no matter what. So my view of course might be fettered by that genereal Nunes assumption... but still, is it terribly unfair to see him in that light? I feel you give that man too much benefit of the doubt by thinking the best of him (that he's somehow, out of the kindness of little Devin's heart, totally convinced that Trump did nothing wrong, no matter what Mueller has to say about that.)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nunes secretly recorded at fundraiser: We have to protect Trump from Mueller - hollodero - 08-10-2018, 09:39 PM