Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MN Rep Keith Ellison accused by ex of abuse; her son claims he has a video
(08-14-2018, 02:49 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I usually agree with a lot of your positions, however this is one in which we do not.

I do agree that the prevalence of sexual/domestic probably greater than we know (I think it's probably just as high in the general population.)  However, I do believe every case needs to be treated individually.  And so far in this case there has been zero evidence so far.  If any concrete evidence comes to light, sure, give him the boot.  I really don't care if there is an "R" or a "D" next to there name, if the evidence is concrete and prosecuted through the legal system and a guilty verdict is rendered then sure, boot em'.

Interesting side note:

I real this story the other day while at lunch.  I think it was in the USA Today, but in their story, even his ex-wife was defending him saying something to the affect "that's not the type of person Ellison is or that I know, we maybe divorced but we are still family."  I think that says a lot.  I'm divorced, and have decent relationship with my ex (we have a son), but there was a time when I think she very well would've thrown me under the bus out of vindictive revenge (I had to take her to court, so that my son could go to Disney world, all over child support, I won the case and my boy went to Disney world.)  All I'm saying is that there is certainly men out there that abuse women and it needs end for sure.  At the same time though I don't think mens lives should be ruined with no substantial evidence.  Honestly, I believe even Roy Moore was wrongly accused, now before you skewer me, keep in mind there was no evidence and these people didn't come forth for close to 40 yrs. Now do l like Roy Moore? Not in the slightest. I despise his politics and idealogy, and certainly think that he's capable of the allegations leveled at him.  But there is no evidence

What happened to the "end rant" emoji ?

I freely admit that my jumping the gun with Ellison is due to my personal biases towards him based on other information.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: MN Rep Keith Ellison accused by ex of abuse; her son claims he has a video - Belsnickel - 08-14-2018, 09:26 AM