Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uh yeah Tate can go on the practice squad (sarcasm)
(08-17-2018, 03:42 PM)Sweetness Wrote: So back to what we had last year with no deep threats and them being able to double AJ? No thanks. 

I hope he's the next big thing but I think people are jumping the gun just a little bit. How many receivers with his type of measurables have ever really done much in the NFL? He scored some touchdowns but it's not exactly like he lit it up in college. He had one game in which he caught more then 5 passes in his college career. Tell me he's going to be a great redzone threat and I'm board but if he's our #2 receiver by years end we're looking at a 4-12 season. 

While true, you have to consider who was throwing passes at FSU in Tate's last two seasons.....two freshmen.  This wasn't the prolific passing game the Noles were known for previously.  Cam Akers and Dalvin Cook were the main offensive threats, and the team just wasn't very good by FSU standards.  Francois and Blackman were battered and running for their lives behind the porous oline most games.  Still yet, if they could get to the redzone, Tate was always a threat to score.

Our deep threat is John Ross, Boyd the man in the slot.  Tate will be a possession receiver, and red zone target.  That's what he's good at.  You might even see him in any jumbo packages ran.  You won't see him lined up as a true #2 unless the WR corps is decimated by injury.  If that's the case, it won't be Auden Tate as the reason the team is losing.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Uh yeah Tate can go on the practice squad (sarcasm) - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-17-2018, 04:21 PM