Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Let's talk about income inequality
(05-22-2015, 04:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm saying that there are plenty of jobs.

Many people choose not to apply for them, for a variety of reasons.  Perhaps they are unwilling to learn a new skill, unwilling to move to where the work is, maybe those jobs that pay will require them to put in more effort than they want to produce.  

My son got tired of minimum wage jobs (he's 19), he's now making $11.51/hr., working 50+ hrs./wk on a landscaping crew, in Cincinnati.  He tried his hand at a factory, paying about the same, but didn't like it.  Don't tell me there aren't plenty of jobs out there, when a 19 year old, that barely finished HS, with no skills to speak of, and very little experience or ambition can find jobs that pay a living wage.  He quit the factory job, started on the landscape crew a week later.  He's now looking to get his own place.

There are plenty of jobs, many people just don't want to work them!  Could be why we have such a problem with illegal immigration?  If Americans would go work those jobs, there would be no incentive for the illegals to come here.

More anecdotal evidence that proves nothing.

Why don't you answer any of the questions I asked about unemployed people that have graduated from college? How do you explain the unemployment rate and all the people looking for jobs and can't find one.

And finally $11.51 is not a living wage. You can't afford to raise a family on that type of income.

And finally, why were you out of work so long if there are so many jobs available out there?

There simply are not enough well paying jobs for all the people that need them. and please don't post a story about how your neighbor got a job to prove that every unemployed person is lazy or that everyone can find a job that pays enough to raise a family.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's talk about income inequality - fredtoast - 05-23-2015, 05:17 PM