Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uh yeah Tate can go on the practice squad (sarcasm)
(08-17-2018, 07:43 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Right !

I don't think anybody is proclaiming Tate the best WR since Jerry Rice, an All Pro shoe in or nothing. 

But look at this tape: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEcYU_fwaqU

Have you heard announcers talking about high pointing the ball, watch the catch at 1:10, perfectly timed jump. There have been many very good WR's that can't do this that well. Again at 2:43 perfectly timed jump. The next catch at 3:00 just excellent timing on the jump.

Then watch the catch at 4:00, he's running route looking inside and catches the ball on turning to the outside while blocking out defender.

Tate just possess that god given ability to adjust to the ball in the air, to time jumps with precision, in other words he gets to the ball even balls not perfectly thrown.

Great hand eye coordination, excellent depth perception, that extra determination and will needed to get to the ball - period. I'm not in any way saying we should let AJ go and roll with Tate, however..........

I want to see more of this young man

Well you've certainly painted a rosy future for Tate, but one catch in on preseason game against the Bears 3rd stringers isn't exactly going to  get him into the HOF..  
HEY, I hope you're absolutely correct about the kid,  but  it's been a really small sample size so far. We really don't know how he'll do against top defenders around the league so I think it's premature to start annointing him the next coming of megatron..  We know nothing about his depth perception. For all we truly know it was just plain dumb luck that he even came down with the ball at all..
I wish I had a dime for every receiver who was a presesson stud ,but disappeared the rest of the season. I could buy out the entire Brown family and have my own heliport built to take me to every game and take me to my own private luxury booth on the 50 yardline in every stadium in the league . lol

On the other hand the fact that he wore #18 in college could be a good omen for the team   ..
I certainly don't recall this much excitement or hype about a 7th round receiver in recent memory . It's absolutely rare.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Uh yeah Tate can go on the practice squad (sarcasm) - grampahol - 08-17-2018, 11:57 PM