Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uh yeah Tate can go on the practice squad (sarcasm)
(08-17-2018, 11:57 PM)grampahol Wrote: Well you've certainly painted a rosy future for Tate, but one catch in on preseason game against the Bears 3rd stringers isn't exactly going to  get him into the HOF..  
HEY, I hope you're absolutely correct about the kid,  but  it's been a really small sample size so far. We really don't know how he'll do against top defenders around the league so I think it's premature to start annointing him the next coming of megatron..  We know nothing about his depth perception. For all we truly know it was just plain dumb luck that he even came down with the ball at all..
I wish I had a dime for every receiver who was a presesson stud ,but disappeared the rest of the season. I could buy out the entire Brown family and have my own heliport built to take me to every game and take me to my own private luxury booth on the 50 yardline in every stadium in the league . lol

On the other hand the fact that he wore #18 in college could be a good omen for the team   ..
I certainly don't recall this much excitement or hype about a 7th round receiver in recent memory . It's absolutely rare.. 

Evidently you missed where I said nobody is saying he's the next Jerry Rice, or I'm not ready to let AJ go ? And I never mentioned the HOF, So I'm not sure how I painted a "rosy future" ?

You do understand that timing your jump to high point the ball, using your hands to catch the ball, being able to adjust to the ball after it's in the air have absolutely ZILCH to do with what string defender's are in the game, right ?

Look I'm not proclaiming the man is an All World receiver. I'm simply saying he seems to have a skillset that can't really be taught. And I'd like to see more of him especially against better defenders earlier in the rest of the preseason games.

I knew basically nothing of Tate predraft but quite frankly what I've seen since in the game and college tape I'm surprised he fell as far as he did in the draft. And I'd be willing to bet if we put him on the PS he'll be snatched up in a minute.

Could he be a total flop ? absolutely

But I've got a feeling we might of just found a diamond in the rough.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Uh yeah Tate can go on the practice squad (sarcasm) - bengalfan74 - 08-18-2018, 12:30 AM