Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com bold predictions for 2015
(09-08-2015, 10:36 AM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Did you see what the Eagles did this offseason?  They went out and got Bradford. Why did Chip Kelly do that? He said getting to the playoffs just isn't enough, it's about winning a Super Bowl. I know most Bengals fans are scared of change because the 90s are still lurking in the back of your minds. Dalton will never take us to the Super Bowl. He has reached his ceiling. No he is not gonna magically breakout and become the best QB or a top 5 QB in the league. What you've seen the last 4 years is what you get. I'm not an NFL coach but I do see that McCarron's pocket presence is light years ahead of Dalton's only after a few preseason games. He will stand in the pocket and deliver a big throw in the of intense pressure and make the throw, something that Dalton doesn't do. He also has a stronger arm than Dalton. McCarron's ceiling is about 20 foot higher than Dalton's. I don't see McCarron starting this year unless injury but I do see him as out starter at some point in time beyond the 2015 season. Why do you think they have Dalton the contract they did? Was it just coincidence or did it give them an exit plan because they too aren't completely sold on him?

I don't think Dalton's "ceiling" is 1 TD and 6 picks in the playoffs.  Especially when you consider that In 64 regular season games he has 33 more TDs than he does interceptions.  If he can duplicate that sort of performance in the playoffs this team will be fine.  

And I'm not even going to bother commenting on McCarron.  Not sure how you could come to that conclusion based off a couple preseason games.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL.com bold predictions for 2015 - WhoDeyWho - 09-08-2015, 11:04 AM