Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Let's talk about income inequality
(05-23-2015, 05:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: More anecdotal evidence that proves nothing.

Why don't you answer any of the questions I asked about unemployed people that have graduated from college?  How do you explain the unemployment rate and all the people looking for jobs and can't find one.

And finally $11.51 is not a living wage.  You can't afford to raise a family on that type of income.

And finally, why were you out of work so long if there are so many jobs available out there?

There simply are not enough well paying jobs for all the people that need them.  and please don't post a story about how your neighbor got a job to prove that every unemployed person is lazy or that everyone can find a job that pays enough to raise a family.

Fred, if college graduates are walking around unemployed, it is likely due to a choice that they have made. That choice could be as simple as being unwilling to take a job in another field that has opportunities, or an unwillingness to relocate to an area where the employment prospects are higher, or it could be as simple as maybe they chose to study liberal arts when they should have studied engineering.

About my son's pay? It is great, for a 19 y/o starting wage. People working jobs at a starting wage likely shouldn't be thinking about raising families yet, anyway...

And finally, I was not "out of work". When the banks crashed, the home building industry and all associated trades suffered greatly. I did whatever menial crap that I could come up with, in order to scrape by, while I went back to school. Being "out of work" is a personal choice. I chose to do things that most people might consider "beneath them", just to make ends meet. Sure, my debts piled up. But, I got my degree, and a new career out of the deal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's talk about income inequality - SunsetBengal - 05-23-2015, 05:30 PM