Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I know it’s preseason but my hype for the season died a little
(08-19-2018, 10:01 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: It's preseason. That was easily the most vanilla preseason game I've seen, on both sides of the ball. I kept pointing back to the 2015 Tampa Bay preseason game in the game thread, mostly trying to calm myself down. However, a few things concerned me.

Coach Austin's defense gave me flashbacks to chuck bresnahans soft, hands-off shit defense. Both of these DC's appear to want to live and die by the turnover, so we can only hope we didn't hire Bresnahan 2.0 once the games get real.

Obviously, the offensive line looked horrific (OG and Hart should both be cut immediately), but that's not a real surprise. Tossing PA aside was nice and all, but for the most part the OLine is still a work in progress. I fully expect the OLine to be a major weakness for the third year in a row. God only knows why his team continues to try and shove square pegs into round holes (i.e. Keeping scrubs like OG and Hart around).

No kicker competition? Are you kidding me?? Brown looks every bit the part. How you won't even give him a fair shot makes absolutely no sense.

Marv is looking and sounding exactly how he did last year. Unmotivated, clueless... Going through the motions (and the buffet line for thirds and fourths).

Could be a long year, folks.

Wow, RELAX everyone!

I do remember that Tampa Bay game in 2015.  If I recall that was the 3rd preseason game so even worse.  Everyone was all doom and gloom and whammo the Bengals go 8-0 out of the gate.

Preseason is absolutely meaningless and about trying different things with little to no scheming.  I remember the Colts with Peyton Manning going 0-4 almost every year in preseason, and I believe the Browns were 4-0 last year.

It is troubling to see the 1's get manhandled but how about we let the process play out and hold judgement until at least a couple games into the season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I know it’s preseason but my hype for the season died a little - Daddy-O - 08-19-2018, 10:22 AM